Just Me Travel adheres to the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). The APPs govern how I collect, use, disclose, store, secure, and dispose of your Personal Information.
“Personal Information” is the information I hold which is identifiable as being about you.
You can obtain a copy of the Australian Privacy Principles from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.
I respect the privacy of children, and a “child” means an individual under the age of 13. This policy is in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). This website’s information and content are only intended for people over the age of 18. This website is not intended for children under the age of 13. Without prior parental or guardian consent, I do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information from children under the age of 13. If you believe that personal information was collected without parental or guardian consent from a child under the age of 13, please contact me to have the information deleted.
What Information I Collect and How It Is Used
When you access the website, you may provide certain personally identifiable information, including but not limited to your name, phone number, email address, address, avatar image, credit card information when you make a purchase on the website (“personal information”).
This information is collected when you register on the site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, contact me, use the search feature on the website, provide comments or any other feedback, fill out a form, use the live chat, or enter any other information on the website to communicate with me. From time to time, I may also collect information that you submit when you participate in any online surveys that I may post on our website.
Your personal information is used to personalise your experience, improve the website to better serve you, efficiently process your requests or transactions, tailor advertisements to you, elicit reviews of services or products, provide you offers, and to follow up with you through correspondence (emails, live chat, or phone). I may also use this information to provide you offers and promotions from my partners and/or affiliates in exchange for a commission without additional cost to you.
Just like other websites, this website automatically collects certain information about you through Log Data and Google Analytics. Log data is information about your computer’s Internet Protocol Address, which is your “IP” address, browser information, Internet Service Provider’s information, your operating system, and your browser type. Similarly, Google Analytics collects certain information about your location, browsing history, the pages you visit, the equipment you used to access the website, traffic patterns, and other general patterns related to your use of the website.
This information is used to analyse website statistics related to user behaviour and interests, improve my performance and your use of the website and to enhance further my products and services offered to you. Please see Google’s Privacy and Terms to learn more about their privacy practices.
Comments and Social Media
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so I can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. When you leave a comment, your name, email address, and website/organisation name is not shared with a third party and may be used to communicate with you.
Social media accounts and sharing options are available on this website. Social media sites (Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and others) can track your personal information. Should you choose to interact with me on social media, please note that you will be voluntarily disclosing that personal information. This information is no longer private. It becomes public information and can be collected and used by others. I have no control over and take no responsibility for the use, storage, or dissemination of such publicly disclosed personal information by you.
Any such interactions via comments and social media with me do not subject me to any kind of liability related to the misuse of your information by others.
Some features of my website may use Flash cookies, which are small files stored on your computer by websites that use Adobe Flash Player. They can store data such as preferences, settings, and usage information like which pages you visit. The main difference between traditional cookies and flash cookies is that they are not managed through the browser but locally on your computer.
When you leave a comment on my website, you may opt-in to saving your name, email address, and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in the details again when you leave another comment.
If you have an account and you log in to this website, I will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
Use of Web Beacons and Pixels
I may use social media pixels to track and collect general information about your use in compliance with different social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and others) for the purpose of promoting products, tracking conversions, remarketing, running target advertisements, and so forth.
Third parties like Facebook may use their own cookies, web beacons, and other technologies to collect and receive information from my website for the purpose of providing target advertisement. You may see ads on Facebook or YouTube after you have visited my website.
Third-Party Links and Use
I have no control over these third parties, and they have their own privacy policies. Neither am I responsible for the activities and practices of these third parties. You should contact them directly and read their privacy policies for any questions. You also agree that your use of these third-party websites is solely at your own risk.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
As a general rule, I do not disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent, with the exception of the following circumstances:
- I may disclose your information to my trusted third parties that work with me, such as my website hosting partners, email marketing service provider, other service providers that assist in the operation of the website, and any other affiliates and subsidiaries I rely upon to provide you products and services offered here.
- I may disclose your information to contractors or third parties I use to support my business. These parties may use your data only to provide the services requested by me and for no other purpose, and they are bound by contractual obligations to keep your information confidential.
- I may disclose your information in order to comply with state or federal regulations related to copyright infringement lawsuits or any other legal claims related to the website.
- I may disclose your information to enforce my website or product terms and conditions and any other agreements I may have entered into for collection purposes.
- I may disclose information to my successor and/or acquiring party in the event of a merger, acquisition, restructuring, dissolution, or partial sale in the future.
Access to Your Personal Information
You may request details of personal information that I hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). A small administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. If you would like a copy of the information that I hold about you or you believe that any information I hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant, or misleading, please email me at email@example.com.
I reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that I hold about you in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
You have the option of opting in or unsubscribing from my email list. By subscribing and opting in, you agree to receive newsletters, updates, messages, promotional materials, and any other content related to this website. When you send an email, your email message, along with email address and responses, are saved for communication purposes with you. This information is kept confidential, and I do not share, sell, or trade your email information with third parties except as otherwise stated in this policy.
If you are in the European Union and opt-in to receive any of my free products or services and/or purchase any products through my website, then you will be subscribed to receive my free email newsletter once you affirmatively consent to it. Please see the Opt-Out section below should you wish to “unsubscribe” and not receive any emails from me.
But if you are not in the European Union, then you will be automatically subscribed to receive my free email newsletter once you opt-in to receive any of my free products or services and/or purchase any products or services through my website. Please see the Opt-Out section below should you wish to “unsubscribe” and not receive any emails from me.
I comply with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 and do not spam or send misleading information. Should you wish to no longer receive communication from me, you have the option of unsubscribing by clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of the email I send to you or by contacting me.
As for third-party websites, please contact them directly to unsubscribe and/or opt-out from their communications.
I am in compliance with the GDPR along with the email marketing service I use to collect data.
GDPR Visitor Rights (for EU and UK Customers and Visitors)
If you are located in the European Union (“EU”) or the United Kingdom (“UK”), you are entitled to certain rights and information listed below under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
I will retain any information you choose to provide to me until the earlier of:
- You ask me to delete the information by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that such requests may result in you no longer being able to access the content previously provided to you.
- My decision to cease using my existing data providers.
- Just Me Travel decides to no longer be in business or continue to offer the services.
- The data is no longer needed to provide you service, is too costly to maintain further retention, or Just Me Travel finds it outdated.
You have the right to request access to your data that I store and have the ability to access your personal data.
You have the right to either rectify or erase your personal data. You have the right to verify the accuracy of your personal data and have it corrected or removed completely.
You have the right to seek restrictions on the processing of your data. When you restrict the processing of your data, I can store your data but cannot process it further.
You have the right to object to the processing of your data in certain circumstances, including but not limited to direct marketing, profiting, scientific or historical research purposes, statistical purposes, automated decision-making and profiling, and tasks based on legitimate interests or in the public interest/exercise of official authority.
You have the right to the portability of your data. You have the right to request your personal data from me, receive it, and transfer it to another controller.
You have the right to withdraw consent at any time. If you provide consent to Just Me Travel’s processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of processing based upon consent that occurred prior to your withdrawal of consent.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority over issues related to the GDPR.
I require only the information that is reasonably necessary to enter into a contract with you. I will not require you to provide consent for any unnecessary processing as a condition of entering into a contract with me.
Legal Basis for Processing Data Under the GDPR
Under the GDPR, I may process your data under the following legal basis:
- Consent: When you give me clear consent to process your personal data for one or more specific purposes.
- Contractual Necessity: When processing your personal data is necessary to fulfil a contract with you.
- Legal Obligation: When processing of your personal data is necessary to comply with the law, such as data-related taxes or employee records.
- Vital Interests: When processing your personal data is necessary to protect your life or health.
- Public Interests: When processing of your personal data is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or for official functions.
- Legitimate Interests: when the processing of your personal data is necessary to further my legitimate interests, such as marketing activities.
Your State Privacy Rights
State consumer privacy laws may give their residents additional rights in terms of how I use their personal information. These privacy rights vary depending on the local laws that apply to you.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah each provide their state residents with rights to:
- Confirm whether I process their personal information.
- Access and deleted certain personal information.
- Data portability.
- Opt-out of personal data processing for targeted advertising and sales.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia also provide their state residents with rights to:
- Correct inaccuracies in their personal information, taking into account the information’s nature processing purpose.
- Opt-out of profiting in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
Nevada provides its residents with a limited right to opt out of certain types of personal information being sold by a business. The opt-out option does not apply to all types of data; however, it does protect sensitive medical or financial data, for example. Please note that I do not currently sell data that triggers the opt-out requirements of that statute.
To exercise any of these rights above under different states, please contact me with your request at email@example.com, and please include your name, email address, and mailing address.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA) Compliance and Your Legal Rights
If you live in California, you have additional rights under California law, and I comply with the CCPA and CPRA because I may have visitors from California on my website. Here are your legal rights under CCPA/CPRA:
- You have the right to know the categories of personal information I have collected, sold, or disclosed about you to third parties.
- You have the right to opt out of the sale and sharing of your personal information with third parties. If you are under the age of 16, you have the right to opt in to such sales or to have a parent or guardian opt-in on your behalf.
- You also have the right to access your personal information, which I will provide within 30 days of such request.
- You have the right to correct your personal information.
- You have the right to have your personal information deleted, subject to some exceptions.
- You have the right to equal service, price and no discrimination.
- You have the right to data portability and the right to request your personal information and use it for your own purposes.
- You have the right to consent and/or limit the use and disclosure of your sensitive personal information.
Categories of Personal Information Collected and Disclosed for a Business Purpose
The types of information I collect and how I use it have already been listed above, but under the CCPA/CPRA, the following categories of personal information may have been collected and disclosed for business purposes in the previous 12 months:
- Identifiers such as your name, address, phone number, email address and other similar identifiers.
- Protected classification characteristics such as your age, gender, religion, and disability information.
- Commercial information such as your use of my products and services.
- Internet/Network information such as your IP address, search history, browser, and service information.
- Geolocation data such as the information about your physical location or movements.
- Sensory information such as audio, electronic, photos or other visual information.
- Professional or employment information such as your job history, including previous employer and performance evaluations.
- Biometric information such as fingerprints, faceprints, voiceprints, genetic and physiological activity patterns. I do not collect any biometric information from you.
- Education information such as records related to your educational institution (grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, and so forth). I do not collect education information.
- Inferences such as information reflecting your interests, preferences, characteristics, physiological trends, and abilities.
- Other personal information such as information provided by you directly when you fill a form on my website, register for an event scheduled by me, post a comment on my website or social media, make a purchase from me, your account login or credentials allowing you to access a product or account, telephone number, and any other information you provide me.
- Sensitive personal information such as your social security, driver’s licence, state identification card or passport number. I do not collect this sensitive information from you.
How I Collect Your Personal Information and For What Purpose
I use the information I collect for various purposes depending on how you interact with me. These purposes include:
- To provide my services or products to you including invoices and statements.
- To create, maintain or secure your account with me.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments.
- To communicate with you about your account and my products/services.
- To market or advertise my new products and promotions to you via email or other social media, to answer your questions, and to understand your needs and preferences.
- To improve my website, products, services, content, and advertising and personalise them to your interests and preferences.
- To better understand the demographics of my users, analyse data and usage trends.
- To help you share my content, products, services, and your experience working with me with your friends and followers on social media.
- To hire or evaluate you as a candidate when you seek employment with me.
- To protect my website, products, and services from misuse and to ensure security.
- To process payments or to prevent theft or fraud.
- To transfer business in any merger, acquisition, reorganisation, sale of assets, or bankruptcy where I may sell, transfer, or share some of my business assets, including information related to my customers. In those circumstances, you will be notified of such ownership changes as well as the rights you have regarding your personal information.
- To comply with legal requirements and to enforce my terms of agreement with you.
- To assess or carry out a merger, dissolution, restructuring, reorganisation, or other sale or transfer of some or all of my assets, whether as part of a bankruptcy or similar proceeding, in which personal information about my website users, including my email list, is one of the assets transferred.
I may also use your information in other ways for which I provide specific notice at the time of collection. I may combine different types of information that I collect about you for any of the purposes described above.
Please be advised I DO NOT SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION to third parties and have never sold your personal information. I do not intend to sell your personal information in the future either.
Under the CCPA and CPRA, you still have the right to opt-out of sharing your personal information and send me a “do not sell or share my personal information” request. If you would like to exercise any of your rights under Californian law, please submit a verifiable consumer request to me by sending me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only you, as the person registered with the California Secretary of State, or someone you authorise to act on your behalf, can make such verifiable consumer requests related to your personal information.
Your verifiable consumer request must provide sufficient information that allows me to verify that you are the person you are claiming to be or that you are the authorised representative of such person about whom I had collected personal information. You must describe your request with enough details such as your first name and last name, address and your country that allow me to properly understand the request and respond to it. Please note I cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information unless I first verify your identity or authority to make such a request and confirm that the personal information relates to you. I will make all attempts to respond to your request within 30 days of receipt.
The above-mentioned California privacy rights are not absolutely guaranteed because there are some exceptions that allow me to refuse your request. I am only required to respect these rights if I am acting as a business under the CCPA/CPRA and the requested rights have been granted and applied to you under the CCPA/CPRA.
California’s “Shine the Light” Act
Pursuant to California’s “Shine the Light Act”, you are permitted to request information about the manner in which I share certain categories of information with third parties for their marketing use. I may disclose your personal information to my affiliates or other related third parties, such as service providers or vendors, for their use in marketing to you, so I can provide the products and/or services offered on this website to you. When I disclose such information, your personal information is still kept confidential and between me and that third party. It is not used for any other purpose that’s not permitted under the laws.
Do Not Track Signals
You can also enable or disable Do Not Track in your browser. This is a setting that tells websites not to track your online activities. To enable or disable it, go to the “Privacy” or “Security” tab in your browser’s settings menu. Depending on which browser you’re using, you may find the option under “Do Not Track Requests” or something similar.
The security of your personal information is important to me, and I strive to follow generally commercial industry standards to protect your personal information submitted to me voluntarily and automatically. However, no method of transmission over the Internet is 100% secure, and I cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. When you make a credit card purchase or purchase through any means on the website, you will be directed to a third-party vendor that completes the purchase transaction. Any information you provide during the checkout process is ot stored on my website but instead provided to the third-party vendor that completes the purchase transaction.
By using this website, you agree to hold me harmless for any security breach and for any unauthorised use of your personal information by third parties. You also agree that I cannot be held responsible for any disclosure of your information through my website without my knowledge and consent.